Jessica Riddle - Guidance Counselor
659-3636, ext 121
How Can I Help My Child Succed?
- Read Everyday! Take turns at reading to your child and having your child read to you, asking questions to promote comprehension skills.
- Be positive, speaking well of school and learning. Encourage your child to talk about all of the fun things they have done or are going to do at school.
- Create a consistent after-school routine including meal times, homework, and playtime (creating a visual display of this for your child can be very beneficial).
- Ensure your child is getting plenty of sleep on a school night, so they are fresh for school in the morning.
- Encourage your child in all aspects of academics, praising them in both their academics and their success.
- Teach your child to be responsible in their actions, encourating them to take responsibility for getting ready.
- Stay involved! If interested, inquire about ways to support your child's learning at home.
- Communicate! Keep in regular contact with your child's teacher.